Frequently Asked Questions
What should I bring to class?
You may bring a towel and a water bottle (reusable is best!). Bring your own yoga mat if you have one, but we provide rental mats if needed. Props are provided in the studio.
What should I wear to class?
Wear comfortable, breathable workout clothes. Be prepared to be barefoot – socks should not be worn to avoid slipping.
Do you have mat rentals?
Yes, we provide mat rentals for $2.
Can I store my mat at your studio?
Because of limited space, our mat storage is reserved for our unlimited monthly members. If you are a $110 monthly member, you are welcome to utilize our complimentary mat storage.
I’ve never been to your studio before, how do I register for my first class?
Registering for your first class is easy! Simply arrive 15 minutes early for your first class, and we will sign you up then. You are also welcome to register online in our Class Schedule if you prefer. Be sure to take advantage of our 7-day trial membership special.
I’m new to yoga, which classes should I take?
All of our Level 1 classes are geared towards beginners. On the weekends, our Saturday and Sunday 4:30pm Basics classes are specifically designed for brand new beginners. When you take your first yoga class, be sure to let the instructor know that you are new to yoga. It is also advisable to set up in the back of the class, so that you may take visual cues from the other students initially.
Explain how the online reservations for classes work.
If you reserve your spot in class online, we will hold your spot up until the time of class. If you have not arrived by the time class begins, your spot will be opened and given to anyone else who has dropped in. If you made a reservation for class but do not end up attending, your account will not be charged.
Do your class cards have an expiration date? What happens if my classes expire?
Yes, all of our class cards have a 90-day expiration from the purchasing date. There are no exceptions. If you do have expired classes, you may roll them over with the purchase of a new class card that is of equal or greater value.
How does the monthly membership work?
Monthly memberships are set up with our automatic billing system. Memberships require a minimum 6-month commitment. After six months, you may cancel your membership at anytime with written notice ( email ). Memberships may be frozen once every 6 months, for a minimum of 2 weeks and maximum of 1 month.
Do you have dressing rooms? Do you have showers?
We have two small dressing rooms. We have no showers.
What is yoga etiquette?
Here are a few helpful hints on appropriate etiquette for the yoga classroom.
- Make it part of your yoga practice to arrive early. Give yourself time to check in, change clothes, and quiet your mind before class. If you do arrive late, please politely prepare yourself for class at the door (put away your keys, remove your coat, etc) and have your mat ready to unroll quietly. For your physical safety, we do not accept late entry after the first 15 minutes.
- Please refrain from using your cell phone in the studio. The yoga studio is a “cell phone free” zone. Please silence all ringers, and put them away upon entering the space.
- Follow the teacher. The reason to partake in a yoga class is to follow the instructions of the teacher. Not following the instructions of the teacher can be confusing for both the teacher and the other students. If you are doing modified poses for injuries or pregnancy, please notify the teacher and set up in the back to avoid distractions.
- Do not disrupt Savasana by leaving early. Savasana (Final Rest) is the most important aspect of your practice, so please take the time to finish class. If you do need to leave early, please set up in the back and notify the teacher prior to class. Quietly leave prior to Savasana so as to not disturb the other students.
- Speak quietly in the space. Please respect others by talking in low tones while at the studio. Be sure to visit quietly in the lobby so as not to disturb the students that are in class.
- Have an open mind and a compassionate heart. Please enter the studio with kindness and without judgement. Treat your fellow students and the staff with respect and care.
- Leave the studio looking better than when you came in. Kindly put away all of your props neatly. Wipe up any of your sweat left on the floor and clean up the space you used.